The Many Directions Of One Direction: How Each Member Dominated 2017
December 22, 2017 - one direction
This year, One Direction’s alumni any fake forward as solo artists, attack highs and lows along a way. While Harry Styles went for soothing stone with his self-titled debut, Zayn Malik continued his solid tide of sexy RB with “I Don’t Want to Live Forever” (for the Fifty Shades Darker soundtrack, no less), Niall Horan took the singer-songwriter trail for debut album Flicker and Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne each forsaken new hits.
No matter that star of a on-hiatus child rope you’ve affianced your devotion to, conduct to a draft next for a refresher on what any of a 5 newly solo artists have been adult to in 2017.
1. Louis Tomlinson performs “Just Hold On” with Steve Aoki for his late-night solo entrance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
2. Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift’s “I Don’t Want to Live Forever” hits No. 2 on a Billboard Hot 100.
3. Harry Styles’ debut solo single, “Sign of a Times,” enters a Hot 100 during No. 4.
4. Styles releases self-titled entrance LP, while Niall Horan drops his singular “Slow Hands.”
5. Liam Payne shares video for “Strip That Down” (featuring Quavo), that has over 200 million views on YouTube.
6. Malik wins an MTV Video Music Award for “Forever”; Tomlinson performs “Back to You” on Fallon.
7. Horan’s debut LP, Flicker, bows during No. 1 on a Billboard 200; Payne’s “Strip That Down” tops Pop Songs.
8. Horan wins new artist of the year during a American Music Awards.
9. Styles drops his “Kiwi” video and plays a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.